Tips To Select The Perfect Skid Steer Operator
Skid steer comes under the category of powered mobile equipment. “Powered mobile equipment” is wheeled or tracked vehicle which is engine-powered, together with attached equipment, but not a vehicle operated on fixed rails or tracks. Operators of such equipments are required to be authorized and qualified before operating.
Below Are the Few Criteria To Be Fulfilled Before Choosing the Right Skid Steer Operator:
- He should be minimum 10+2 level pass with PCM.
- He must have worked as a helper minimum for six months in a well-reputed organization.
- Skid Steer operator must be familiar with the English language.
- He must have read & understood the instruction manual at least 3 – 4 times.
- He must have done the service of such a machine under well-trained operator/foremen at least 3-4 time.
- Before placing for operation, the skid steer operator has to attend at least 3-week training at GAMZEN.
- He must be known to all oil & greases used on GAMZEN make Machines.
- He must maintain the daily running logbook of the machine.
- He must carry out the daily checks as per the instruction manual on the machine before start operation. If found any deficiency in the level of oil/air pressure/ coolant must be done during daily check-up only.
- He must carry out weekly & monthly checks as per instruction manual with the help of well-trained foremen.
- He must report any abnormality feels while the operation of the machine to GAMZEN service centre.
- Skid Steer operator must use the right attachment for the right work.
- He must forecast the scheduled service at least 20-30 hrs before next due to his head (P&M) in turn to GAMZEN service centre.
- He must ask the visit of GAMZEN service engineer at least on an interval of six months.
- The operator must write a summary of the machine logbook before leaving his duties & responsibilities for the day/night.
How To Get Most Out Of Skid Steer Loader:
Skid steer loader is a multi-functional machine, which is suitable for all type of earth-moving / construction / Tunnel / Airport / industrial / Municipal Corporation / Nagar Nigam works.
To have the best out of a machine, the machine owner must have the following :
- He must have all attachment required for his day to day work.
- Skid Steer operator must have a suitable trained operator & supervisor with semi-skilled helpers.
- He must instruct the operator & supervisor to follow the instruction manual before placing the machine on work.
- Skid Steer operator must have a fortnightly continuity class in regards the operation & maintenance of the machine as per given instruction manuals.
- He must approach the GAMZEN service centre if feels any abnormality during operation & maintenance of the machine
- He must instruct the operator & supervisor for not to overload the machine beyond the capacity for each function.
- A skid steer operator must use only the right attachment for the right work.
He must ask the visit of GAMZEN service engineer to check the health of a machine at least an interval of six months.